Web Design Professor (Full-time, Part-Time, or Adjunct)
Do you have a passion for Web Design that you want to share with students who are excited to be in your classroom?
Who we are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Our Web Development and Computer Science faculty will collaborate with department peers to design, review and maintain the general computer science curriculum.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to computer science
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Web development fundamentals and how to apply and teach them
- Web page layout and design
- HTTP / FTP fundamentals
- Data modeling and integration
- Database administration and development
- website GUI functionality
- Experience with client-side coding of enhanced dynamic websites
- Experience building functional dynamic websites that exhibit professional site planning, design and development.
- Masters degree in Web Design or relevant field with 18 credit hours in Web Design required; Doctoral Preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: UAT is limited to considering adjunct candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, and Washington
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $2,800 per class
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $60k-$100k dependent on Education and Experience
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time