Video Game Programming Adjunct Professor
UAT is searching for an addition to its astounding team of faculty. If you love game programming and have a passion for education, UAT is the place for you! You must be an expert in various programming languages and development techniques associated with game applications. An exemplary UAT instructor can relate their knowledge and experience in using both object oriented and scripting languages, while guiding our students through industry standard game engines such as Unreal and Unity. The instructor should be a wizard of many wands and be a master in PC, iOS, console and Android platforms. The instructor needs to be able to present on the theoretical aspects of game programming that include topics such as: game AI, collisions, input device integration, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, object transformations, database integration and optimization. The individual that joins the UAT family must be able to relate to our technophile, high performing, all-things-geek students, best practices associated with application development processes, such as agile models, along with documentation. We need a game-changing (pun intended) professor that will inspire our students and arm them with the skills they’ll need to stay ahead of the game design industry.
Please complete the UAT application using this link: https://uat.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=13
- Facilitation of innovative student game projects
- Mentoring geeky technology driven students
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to game programming
- Development of course materials related to college level game programming courses
Skills / Requirements
- Industry experience developing computer game applications
- Skills in developing applications using both object oriented and script based tools
- Experience with application development approaches
- Game application documentation
- Development experience in PC, console and mobile platforms
- Experience working within game engines such as Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Experience applying computer game concepts such as rendering, transformations, lighting, collisions, AI, UI and gameplay
- Experience with database integration into game applications
- Viable work experience and academic credentials
- Masters Degree Required
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time