User Interface Design Professor (Full-time, Part-Time, or Adjunct)
Are you passionate about User Interface Design? UAT has a place for you!
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Have you ever wanted to teach students who are excited to be in your classroom? UAT is seeking an exciting User Interface Design professor who can engage students in applying their knowledge to advancing technology projects. If you love UI Design and have a passion for education, not only as an educator but as a mentor, UAT is the place for you! You must have a master’s degree and be capable of developing courses and teaching at all levels of the undergraduate experience.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to HCI.
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
Skills and Education Requirements:
- User interface and GUI design
- Up to date and knowledgeable on new and emerging technology trends on human-computer interactions and the user experience.
- Highly knowledgeable on human factors that contribute to the development of effective human computer interactions
- User experience design and testing best practices
- Experience designing and prototyping interfaces and interactions on multiple platforms (web, PC, mobile, etc.)
- Solid understanding of fundamental design concepts and practices associated with the design of human-computer interactions
- Master's degree in User Interface Design or relevant field with 18 credit hours in User Interface Design required; Doctoral Preferred
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: UAT is limited to considering adjunct candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, and Washington
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $2,800 per class
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $60k-$100k dependent on Education and Experience
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time