User Experience/User Interface Design Professor (Adjunct/Part Time)
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to HCI.
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
- User interface and GUI design
- Up to date and knowledgeable on new and emerging technology trends on human-computer interactions and the user experience.
- Highly knowledgeable on human factors that contribute to the development of effective human computer interactions
- User experience design and testing best practices
- Experience designing and prototyping interfaces and interactions on multiple platforms (web, PC, mobile, etc.)
- Solid understanding of fundamental design concepts and practices associated with the design of human-computer interactions
Educational and Location Requirements:
- Masters or doctoral degree in relevant field required
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience
- UAT is limited to considering candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New Hampshire, and California
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time