University Financial Aid Advisor
University of Advancing Technology is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
Are you someone who can work well under pressure with speed and diligence? Would you like to help some of the brightest young minds take that next steps into making their dreams a reality? The University of Advancing Technology is looking for a Financial Aid Administrator that is driven to help our students finance their education seamlessly. The Financial Aid Administrator will be responsible for reaching out to our brilliant students and assisting them through the FAFSA process, discussing other financing options, ensuring students have a financial plan in place for payment of institutional charges.
- Coordinate financial consultations with prospective students.
- Create financial estimates and assist students with year-round financial planning.
- Assist students with questions regarding the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete FAFSA verification
- Assist with the completion of Federal Aid Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Provide loan Entrance Counseling
- Provide prospective and current students with alternate funding options.
- Assisting students by finding creative resources to help fund their education.
- Educate prospective and/or current students regarding regulations, policies, procedures, and requirements for select financing options including federal financial aid.
- Provide proactive, accurate, and comprehensive know-how to students while focusing on delivering a top-notch student experience.
- Manage various student accounts to ensure timely and accurate communication.
$35,000 - $45,000
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree
- You’re smart, innovative, and see your ideas through to the finish line
- You’re the definition of a team player
- You’re friendly and genuine.
- You show excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- You’re skilled, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You maintain trustworthiness, confidentiality and are discreet.
- You take ownership and go the extra mile to get the job done.
- You consistently execute deadlines while navigating through a fast-paced environment
Summary of Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Five Free meals weekly with our Meal Benefits at University Café
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft and Verizon)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Summer Happiness, 6 Inservice Days
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $35,000 to $45,000/year
Salary is based off of prior work experience, degree level, and job responsibility level.
Job Status: Full Time