Student Services Coordinator
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Are you a technophile who loves the values of the traditional academy, but want the modern technology campus? Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Who You Are:
If you're passionate about building a better future and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future, consider UAT as the next step in your career. The Student Services Coordinator will provide support to students, graduates, and the Student and Career Services Department to ensure student needs are met and they are progressing in their education and chosen careers.
- Facilitate student requests for assistance by effectively directing student to the correct employee.
- Timely response to student inquiries, communicate deadlines for tasks and requirements for seamless registration into future terms.
- In collaboration with advisors, assist students with establishing and planning schedules, recommending courses, and determining appropriate education solutions to overcome barriers to student success.
- Using communication tools and protocol, share relevant information with other key stakeholders.
- Provide outreach toward re-engagement initiative to bring inactive and failing students back into the program.
- Utilizes student management system software to update student records.
- Collaborate with Student and Career Services advisors to identify future course needs
- Runs Reports and collaborates with Financial Aid to advise students of required documentation needed for their enrollment.
- Assist with the administration of in-person and online undergraduate and graduate internships and career exploration programs.
- Provide individual and group academic advising and/or regularly interact with students in support of their internship progress, satisfaction, and academic success.
- Host an industry-specific Careers Week
- Provides guidance and support to students and explores avenues to ensure continued UAT program success.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a Master of Communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
- You have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- You enjoy working autonomously and as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Compensation plus benefits: $35,000 - $45,000
Summary of Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $35,000 to $45,000/year
Dependent on experience and education.
Job Status: Full Time