Student Services Academic Advisor
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
The Student Services Advisor at UAT will provide mentorship, guidance and support to students and graduates as they progress in their education and chosen industry. They will be responsible for providing guidance and support for both academics and employment services. The Student Services Advisor will be responsible for working within retention guidelines mandated by regulatory and accreditation bodies. Additionally, the Student Services Advisor will work proactively with students to ensure they are supported in every interaction.
- Daily communication with students about their classes, grades, student schedule, etc.
- 1:1 and Group Advising Sessions with students via phone, email, Skype and in-person
- Ensure students make appropriate degree progress and are taking appropriate classes
- Host workshops aimed to promote academic success and community engagement
- Ensure that students are registered for the upcoming semester in proper classes
- Help execute University events that may include Saturday events
- Regular outreach to students who are at risk or not attending
- Keep students informed and engaged via a variety of communication methods
- Keep track of student progression and retention using various systems (ie: HubSpot, CampusVue, Canvas)
- Provide support to students who are at risk with failing grades
- Assist students with obtaining internships before they graduate
- Assist students and alumni with finding and interviewing for gainful employment
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a Master of Communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
- Experience working in a collegiate Student Services or Career Services department
- Bachelor's degree required
$37,000 - $45,000 DOE
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Employer paid medical benefits
- Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with employer match
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five free meals weekly
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft and Verizon)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time