Student and Career Services Coordinator
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Student Services Coordinator will provide support to students, graduates, and the Student and Career Services Department to ensure student needs are met and they are progressing in their education and chosen careers.
- Facilitate student requests for assistance by effectively directing student to the correct employee.
- Timely response to student inquiries, communicate deadlines for tasks and requirements for seamless registration into future terms.
- In collaboration with advisors, assist students with establishing and planning schedules, recommending courses, and determining appropriate education solutions to overcome barriers to student success.
- Using communication tools and protocol, share relevant information with other key stakeholders.
- Provide outreach toward re-engagement initiative to bring inactive and failing students back into the program.
- Utilizes student management system software to update student records.
- Collaborate with Student and Career Services advisors to identify future course needs
- Runs Reports and collaborates with Financial Aid to advise students of required documentation needed for their enrollment.
- Assist with the administration of in-person and online undergraduate and graduate internships and career exploration programs.
- Provide individual and group academic advising and/or regularly interact with students in support of their internship progress, satisfaction, and academic success.
- Host an industry-specific Careers Week
- Provides guidance and support to students and explores avenues to ensure continued UAT program success.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a Master of Communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
$40,000 - $51,000 / annually (depending on experience)
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two medical insurance plans available with a 100% employer-paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and flexible spending account plan available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-paid long term AND short-term disability plans
- Employer-paid life insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% employee tuition scholarship and options for dependent scholarship programs
- Meal benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University store discount, other discount programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos program, casual Fridays, employee wellness activities, positive work environment
- Employee training and development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Campus Vue experience preferred
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be a proven self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
University of Advancing Technology
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, AT&T, Lifetime Fitness)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $40,000 to $51,000/year
Salary is based off of prior work experience, degree level, and job responsibility level.
Job Status: Full Time