Student and Career Services Advisor
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite, intimate, private college in Tempe, Arizona, focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate for our future in disciplines such as Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Are you a technophile who loves the values of the traditional academy, but want the modern technology campus? Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation End-of-Year project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Student and Career Services Advisor will provide mentorship, guidance and support to students and graduates as they progress in their education and chosen industry. They will be responsible for providing guidance and support for both academics and employment services. The Student and Career Services Advisor will be responsible for working within retention guidelines mandated by regulatory and accreditation bodies. Additionally, the Student and Career Services Advisor will work proactively with students to ensure they are supported in every interaction.
- Daily communication with students.
- Consistent and on-going outreach to students via phone, email, Teams, Zoom and in-person.
- Ensure students make appropriate degree progress and remaining focused on students earning their degree.
- Work with students to remove barriers as they progress through their academics.
- Ensure that students are registered for the upcoming semester.
- Help execute University events that may include Saturday events.
- Regular outreach to students who are at risk or not attending.
- Keep students informed and engaged via a variety of communication methods.
- Keep track of student progression and retention.
- Assist students with obtaining internships before they graduate.
- Use various technology to quickly respond to students to resolve academic needs or celebrate successes.
- Bachelor's degree required
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
- This is not a remote position; candidates must be willing and able to work in-person at the Tempe campus
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm
- Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED
- Compensation: $45,000-$56,000/year DOE
Summary of Employment Benefits:
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
UAT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that the selection decision be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $45,000 to $56,000/year
Salary based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time