Student and Career Services Advisor
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite, intimate, private college in Tempe, Arizona, focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate for our future in disciplines such as Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Are you a technophile who loves the values of the traditional academy, but want the modern technology campus? Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation End-of-Year project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Who You Are:
If you’re passionate about building a better future and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future, consider UAT as the next step in your career. University of Advancing Technology is looking for mentor who will provide guidance and support to students and graduates as they progress in their education and chose industry. The Student and Career Services Advisor will be responsible for working within retention guidelines mandated by regulatory and accreditation bodies. Additionally, the Student and Career Services Advisor will work proactively with students to ensure they are supported in every interaction.
- Build relationships with students through individual meetings, group sessions, and by being a visible presence on site and/or virtually.
- Customer Service Oriented who delivers outstanding hands-on student services.
- Participate actively as a member of the Student’s Service Team, contributing ideas and recommendations for improving programming and processes based on student needs and staff experiences.
- Domestic marketing activities, including community outreach events, activities, and phone calls, etc.
- Collaborate with school staff, related service providers, and parents to collect information and monitor the progress of a caseload of students in order to review and adjust educational plans.
- Work with faculty to assess the strengths and needs of students.
- Understands and conveys the value of education.
- Assist in keeping the school compliant with state, national, and organizational standards of compliance.
- You’re fast, fun, smart, friendly, and a little bit of a nerd.
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary.
- You embody a Growth Mindset and believe that all students can reach their unique potential when they have the right supports in place.
- Good judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration.
- You’re on a mission to surpass costumer and manager
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals.
- Work Hours: Tuesday-Thursday: 10AM-7PM, Friday-Saturday: 8AM-5PM
- Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED
- Compensation: $40,000-$50,000/year DOE
Summary of Employment Benefits:
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
UAT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that the selection decision be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $40,000 to $50,000/year
Salary based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time