Student and Career Services Advisor
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Student and Career Services Advisor will provide mentorship, guidance and support to students and graduates as they progress in their education and chosen industry. They will be responsible for providing guidance and support for both academics and employment services. The Student and Career Services Advisor will be responsible for working within retention guidelines mandated by regulatory and accreditation bodies. Additionally, the Student and Career Services Advisor will work proactively with students to ensure they are supported in every interaction.
- Daily communication with students
- 1:1 and group advising sessions with students via phone, email, Teams, Zoom and in-person
- Ensure students make appropriate degree progress
- Host workshops aimed to promote academic success and community engagement
- Ensure that students are registered for the upcoming semester
- Help execute University events that may include Saturday events
- Regular outreach to students who are at risk or not attending
- Keep students informed and engaged via a variety of communication methods
- Keep track of student progression and retention
- Provide support to students who are at risk with failing grades
- Assist students with obtaining internships before they graduate
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
$35,000 - $45,000 / annually (depending on experience)
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two medical insurance plans available with a 100% employer-paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and flexible spending account plan available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-paid long term AND short term disability plans
- Employer-paid AD&D option
- Employer-paid life insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% employee tuition scholarship and options for dependent scholarship programs
- Meal benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University store discount, other discount programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos program, casual Fridays, employee wellness activities, positive work environment
- Employee training and development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $35,000 to $45,000/year
Salary is determined by the University's salary matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time