Student Accounts Advisor
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Student Accounts Advisor is responsible for providing excellent customer service while collecting, posting, balancing and reporting student payments. They will work with in-school students with payment plans to resolve their balances and will work with out of school students to set up repayment plans to resolve their balances based on school policy.
- Routinely review accounts for possible collection agency assignment;
- Update and maintain all student ledgers and report progress on a weekly basis;
- Be the primary contact for students and parents with account related questions;
- Issue monthly statements;
- Address credit balances according to school policy;
- Perform weekly check runs as well as loan/lender refunds as required;
- Review outstanding check reports and contact students to ensure checks are cleared within designated time frames;
- Manage cash drawers and perform weekly bank deposits of all cash and checks received;
- Represent the Bursar’s Office and Accounting department at various events such as but not limited to Move-Ins, Orientation, Graduation, etc;
- Perform other special projects and job-related duties as assigned.
- Work hours: Monday - Friday, 9am-6pm
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
$35,000 - $45,000 / annually (depending on experience)
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $35,000 to $45,000/year
Salary is determined by the University's salary matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time