Software Engineering Adjunct Professor
Are you passionate about Software Engineering? Want to share your passion with students who are excited to be in your classroom?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is looking for a full stack software engineer who is up to date on industry standards and wants to educate today’s bright minds. Our software engineering adjunct professors are responsible for effectively instructing undergraduate students on how to create, test and document software applications, algorithms and data structures. Collaborate with department peers to design, review and maintain the general computer science curriculum and develop courses that reflect the current best practices within the technology industry and instruct their classes using engaging methodologies that focus on mentoring students through coursework, projects, and hands-on competitions.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to computer science
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the local development community
Skills and Education Requirements:
Looking for a combination of these skills, not all are required, unless indicated by *:
- Current production experience in the development of web and desktop applications
- Data structures including but not limited to stacks, queues, linked lists, hash tables, and graphs
- Operating systems, memory management, I/O, file systems, how O/s work
- Preferred experience working with Machine Learning and Big Data
- Object oriented programming languages (C++, C#)
- Interpreted scripting languages (Python, JScript, Java)
- Database development and integration (SQL)*
- Mobile application development (iOS, Android)*
- Project development models (Waterfall, Agile)
- Project documentation practices
- Ruby on Rails & R Programming
- Software testing
- Algorithm development
- Advanced programming topics (graphics, AI, compiler, parallel programming)
- Web development*
- Cloud Computing*
- Secure Coding
- Doctorate in Software Engineering or relevant field with 18 credit hours in Software Engineering required*
- 3+ years relevant industry experience*
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: Candidates living in Arizona must be willing to work in-person at our Tempe Campus. For online candidates, UAT is limited to considering candidates for this role from the following states: Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
Adjunct Pay: $2,800 for in-person courses/ $2,200-1,400 online courses.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time