Have you ever wanted to teach science to students who are excited to be in your classroom? UAT is seeking an exciting science professor who can engage students in applying their knowledge of science to advancing technology projects.
UAT is searching for an addition to its astounding team of General Education faculty. We are a tight-knit crew dedicated to using our knowledge and professional skills to guide every college student towards the goals of being ethical, globally-minded professionals who value innovation and community and can articulate their skills in all venues.
If you love science and have a passion for education, not only as an educator but as a mentor, UAT is the place for you! You must have a master’s degree in any area of science, and also be capable of developing courses and teaching at all levels of the undergraduate experience. An exemplary UAT instructor can relate their knowledge while guiding our students to discover their own passion for discovery in a technologically diverse learning environment.
Candidates with additional credentials in Computer Programming or Mathematics will be given priority consideration, although this is not essential for hire.
Preferred Areas of Concentration:
- Newtonian Physics
- Materials Science
- Earth Sciences
- Space Science/Astronomy
- Sciences that support Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Facilitation of Science courses
- Development of Science courses
- Mentorship of technology-driven students in a fast-paced, innovative academic environment
- Facilitation of applied projects in technology-focused classroom
- Development and facilitation of course materials and instructional techniques that strive for relevance in an increasingly tech-driven world
Skills / Requirements
- Masters Degree Required
University of Advancing Technology
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, Lifetime Fitness)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time