Robotics and Embedded Systems Professor (Adjunct, Part-Time, or Full-Time)
Are you passionate about Robotics and want to share it with students excited to be in your classroom?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Robotics Professor is directly responsible for developing and delivering courses that ensure UAT students achieve their program’s learning outcomes, complete their programs and have an exceptional synchronic learning experience.
Professors primarily spend their time planning and delivering the learning experiences that guide students towards learning course objectives, creating innovative works and graduating as ethical technologists. Using UAT’s systems, Professors provide timely and continuous feedback to students while focusing on helping all of them achieve every learning objective. As a teaching faculty member, Professors work with their peers to improve their courses while examining feedback from advisors, students and performance data.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students
- Facilitate relevant student projects and innovations
- Development and delivery of coursework that reflect current, emerging and future technologies and practices in the engineering field
- Be an active member of the engineering community and encourage student participation
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Master's degree in robotics or relevant field with 18 credit hours in robotics required; Doctorate preferred
A combination of the below skills are preferred:
- ARM microcontroller architecture and programming
- Mechanical engineering fundamental concepts
- Mechanical advantage
- Simple machines
- Simple physical analysis (torque, kinematics, etc.)
- Components used to create a complex mechanism
- Computer vision
- Digital Vision and Sensor processing
- Computer vision
- Edge finding
- Texture analysis
- Detection / Sending methods in robots
- Autonomous vehicles
- Aerial vehicles
- Computer control (for both fixed-wing and rotorcraft aerial vehicles)
- Flight mechanics and electronic control of flight
- Control base stations
- Software techniques for controlling flying vehicles
- Ground vehicles
- creating fully autonomous ground vehicle that can learn, memorize, track and intercept a given object
- Basic mechanical design
- Mechanical drafting and design
- Design analysis
- Rapid prototyping
- PCB layout
- Schematic capture
- Design for electromagnetic interference
- CRC design rules
- Surface-mount layout
- Common mechanical control methods
- Controls theory
- PID control methodology
- Adaptive control systems
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
- UAT is limited to considering adjunct candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, Oregon and Washington
- Full-time candidates and adjunct/part-time candidates residing in Arizona must be willing to work in-person on campus.
Adjunct Pay: $2,800 for in-person courses/ $2,200-1,400 On-line courses.
Part-Tme Pay: $30,000-$50,000 dependent on Education and Experience (not benefit eligible).
Full-Time Compensation and Benefits:
- $60,000-$100,000 depending on experience and education
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time