Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate. We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service.
As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Do you find yourself looking for different ways to organize? Are you a data person? If you are smiling right now just reading this role description, keep reading further, we just may have the perfect and ideal role for you. University of Advancing Technology is looking for a detail-oriented Registrar who will be the glue that holds all of our data and regulatory requirements together. That’s right, you will have an incredible opportunity to be a big piece to our puzzle.
Primarily responsible for maintaining accurate student records in compliance regulatory body’s rules, laws and regulations and for scheduling classes for on-campus and online students. The Registrar works to resolve conflicts and needs regarding campus space utilization, resources assignment and operational efficiency. Again, we are problem solvers here and always wanting to be at the top of the new regualtions set. If you feel that is a strength of yours, we would love to hear from you.
This role works closely in conjunction with the Dean of Students and Academic Operations and provides a large variety of projects and tasks. No boring days around here! This position ensures that scheduling activities and communications are handled in a timely, professional, and efficient manner. This position ensures that processes critical to quality functionality of the Educational Department are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
The Registrar is responsible for the timely processing of student status changes, maintaining student rosters and international student forms and processes. The role will ensure proper activities, actions, and documents are received, evaluated and processed through the institution’s SMS. Additionally, this position may perform activities associated with the review, documentation and processing of transfer credits.
You have made it to this part, so I ask you, can you see yourself here? Or are you saying, I think that I am literally their ideal candidate, but I need to know a little more? The ideal candidate will leverage a broad range of interpersonal skills, be a proven self-starter, and able to work independently as well as on a team. They will be someone who is detail-driven, loves diving deep into data, and can partner with others to get the job done. As you read through those ideal candidate qualities, did you find yourself saying, check, check, yes that’s me!? If so, again we ask that you apply today. Give us a chance to meet how wonderful you are.
- Analyze and report on student Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for those who have conflicts within one week of the course ending, identifying scholarship conflicts, and Honor Student SAP issues
- Process student status changes, student requests, and enrollments in an expedited and timely manner
- Pull reporting for students who will be graduating in upcoming terms and then process graduates in CampusVue and process the diplomas
- Manage all necessary reports for data analysis, ensuring data is accurate, up-to-date, and easily accessible
- Maintains and provides data required for audits, accreditation, state licensing, and departmental reviews
- Updates and releases Academic Calendars
- Updates CampusVue system with new catalog information, addenda, or change notice
- Reports on faculty loading, current semester schedule, and upcoming semester schedules
- Processes international student VISA applications and data requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures International students are tracked appropriately and provides applicable governmental agencies notifications of student statuses and any other obligatory information immediately upon discovery
- Working within the Canvas system
- Other duties as needed
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a Master of Communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
- Prior experience with compliance and accreditation standards and filings
- 1+ years of experience in a registrar role
- Bachelor's degree required
$45,000 - $50,000 DOE
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $45,000 to $50,000/year
Job Status: Full Time