Pre-Start Academic Coordinator
The University of Advancing Technology is looking for a Pre-Start Academic Coordinator, who is the primary contact for new students from the point when they enroll until they start classes. The role of the Pre-Start Academic Coordinator will be to energize and engage enrolled students as to maximize the number of intelligent, passionate, and tech minded students that successfully work through enrollment to active, successful member of the UAT student body.
The Coordinator will assist enrolled students so that they are prepared and excited to start their UAT education. They will be the student's biggest advocate, and will assist them problem solve and overcome objections to ensure they are able to start classes on their scheduled start date. The Coordinator will also act as the events manager of UAT Orientation events.
They will be responsible for supporting all On-Campus and Online enrolled students through a high volume of communication, interaction and follow-up. This includes communication via telephone, email, live chat, texting, events, and walk-ins. UAT is seeking individuals who want a career in education with the opportunity to work with brilliant and passionate students and staff.
- On a daily basis reaching out to the enrolled student population via phone or email
- Providing direction and support necessary to enable students to comfortably prepare for their first semester of class
- Coordinate with Residence Life, Financial Aid, and Student Services to support students’ questions regarding processes and paperwork
- Execute orientation events and other duties as assigned by the Admissions Team
- Keep students engaged with Social Media and updates that highlight UAT programs, events, and student groups
- Create a culture of positive thinking and personal growth for the students
- Willingness to assist with other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Ability to overcome objections and problem solve
- Proven customer service skills with phone experience
- Capability to oversee student progress for an extended period of time
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly, cheerful and helpful attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be a proven self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Two Medical Insurance plans available with a 100% employer paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts plans available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer paid Long Term AND Short Term Disability plans
- Employer paid AD&D option
- Employer paid Life Insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% Employee Tuition Scholarship and options for Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos Program, Casual Fridays, Employee Wellness Activities, Positive Work Environment,
- Employee Training and Development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $38,000 to $45,000/year
Salary is determined by the University's salary Matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time