Network Engineering Professor (Adjunct, Part-Time, and Full-Time)
Are you passionate about Network Engineering and want to share it with students excited to be in your classroom?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Network Engineering Professor is directly responsible for developing and delivering courses that ensure UAT students achieve their program’s learning outcomes, complete their programs.
The professor teaches and provides students a strong foundational knowledge of network and systems engineering concepts, while exploring key concepts such as routing, switching, server operating systems, email systems, IP Telephony, wireless and virtualization. Additionally, the professor will prepare students to understand all things physical in a contemporary IT architecture and provide students the knowledge to identify and understand server infrastructures to create business solutions.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of how modern networks operate
- Provide a comprehensive overview of contemporary systems administration with a particular focus on Microsoft based environments
- Provide relevant topics such as user/computer/group management, resource permissions, optimizing performance, backup, storage, and server monitoring to identify strengths and weaknesses of operating systems
- Provide an understanding of effective systems management to ensure a smooth operation in a contemporary IT department as well as the services they provide
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in teaching Networking Engineering courses, Proficient in both networking and the IT systems
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a field related to the classes to be taught, required; doctorate degree preferred
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
- Managing Enterprise Networks
- Virtualization Systems Technologies and Administration
- Administering Virtual Infrastructure and Environments
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Cloud Computing
- IoT Architecture and Security
- Implementation an security for connected devices
- Directory Services Design and Administration
- Design and deployment of directory services structure
- Network Infrastructure Design II
- Emerging Network Engineering Technologies
- Network Engineering Certification Preparation
- Modern Data Center and Cloud Computing Design and Services
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident status is required.
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
- UAT is limited to considering adjunct candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, and Washington
- Full-time candidates and adjunct/part-time candidates residing in Arizona must be willing to work in-person on campus.
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $2800/per class.
Full-Time Compensation and Benefits:
- $60,000-$100,000 depending on experience and education
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time