Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
We are seeking an experienced Network Administrator to join our Information Technology team to manage and maintain our infrastructure. The Network Administrator will have a proven background in working with firewalls, routers, switches, security applications, intrusion detection systems, VMware, updating and upgrading servers and server-related software. The candidate for this position will have the experience and desire to build new infrastructure and modify and maintain existing infrastructure for both efficiency and security.
- Deploying, maintaining, updating, troubleshooting and logging network components and configurations.
- Responsible for all networking equipment including routers and switches, cabling, VoIP/phone systems, and servers.
- Maintaining the base infrastructure of both the UAT production network, WiFi networks, and other networks that may be created for courses or other University purposes.
- Secure all network components, including firewalls, routers, spam filters, servers, workstations, and any other devices that make up production, test, or student infrastructures.
- Manage accounts and groups in Active Directory.
- Monitor all systems and research potential threats to the infrastructure.
- Maintain and update network diagrams.
- Create plans and strategies to meet current needs and forecast future needs for the network infrastructure.
- Responsible for handling elevated work orders.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule.
- Install, maintain, update, and troubleshoot server software.
- Manage server licensing, hardware and software maintenance renewals.
- Manage server backups.
- Manage and upgrade virtual environment including VMware and storage.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks in accordance with high-level objectives/projects.
- Research and recommend new technologies that will further the technical position of the University.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent required
- 4+ years experience with network/server administration
- 3+ years experience with VMware and virtual infrastructures
- 3+ years experience with security applications and appliances
- Proficient with backup technologies
- Proficient in networking technologies such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, switching and routing
- Proficient with Windows systems such as Active Directory and IIS
- Experience working with SAN and NAS systems
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, quantitative and analytical skills, team leadership, and collaboration
- Experience with Windows Server, Linux, Apple OSX
- Experience with SharePoint Server and Exchange Server preferred
- Experience in private post-secondary education is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
$60,000-$80,000, plus benefits (depending on experience)
Summary of Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $60,000 to $80,000/year
Dependent on Experience
Job Status: Full Time