Mobile Development Adjunct Professor
Are you a software developer who is up to date on industry standards and wants to educate today’s bright minds? UAT is for you!
Who we are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT’s model is application focused, with students spending much of their time working within agile development frameworks to take mobile applications to the next build state. Faculty members prepare students to work on building mobile solutions that securely transact with cloud services, such as AWS, and routinely incorporate third-party tools and libraries to achieve innovative rapid building solutions.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students
- Facilitate relevant student projects and innovations
- Development and delivery of coursework that reflect current, emerging and future technologies and practices in the industry
- Be an active member of the community and encourage student participation
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Development of mobile applications on both iOS and Android platforms
- Use of professional development tools such as Android Studio IDE
- Experience with agile and the lifecycle of mobile application development
- Knowledgeable of current trends with mobile app development, UX/UI, mobile databases and mobile networking best practices
- Master's degree in Software Development or relevant field with 18 credit hours in Software Development required, doctoral preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: Candidates residing in Arizona must be willing to work in-person at our Tempe Campus. For online candidates, UAT is limited to considering candidates for this role from the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington
Adjunct Pay: $2,800 for in-person courses / $2,200-$1,400 for online courses
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time