Mechanical and Robotic Engineering Professor
Are you a mechanical engineer passionate about both engineering and inspiring college students to contribute to this vital field? Individuals successfully filling this position will be able to relate their knowledge and experiences with regard to industry leading information, hardware, and software.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students
- Facilitate relevant student projects and innovations
- Development and delivery of coursework that reflect current, emerging and future technologies and practices in the engineering field
- Be an active member of the engineering community and encourage student participation
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Skills / Requirements
Doctorate preferred and Masters Degree required
Combination of the below skills are preferred:
- Raspberry Pi
- Autonomous behavior (ground, flight, water)
- Vision systems
- Mechatronic design
- Embedded systems
- Robotics builds
- Robotics competition
- Integration with cloud and GPS data systems
- Autodesk (Inventor, AutoCAD)
- Eagle Cad
- Hands on Building Skills
- Modeling Skills
- 3D Printing Skills
- Competition platforms
- Design and complete robotic and embedded systems solutions that apply to real-world situations and challenges.
- Demonstrate embedded system design skills, including, but not limited to, microcontroller selection, schematic design, printed circuit board layout, design for electromagnetic compatibility and design for manufacturing.
- Apply knowledge of transducers, actuators and simultaneous hardware and software development in the design of an embedded system.
- Design and analyze real-time embedded systems, including advanced digital logic design, signal processing and high-speed digital systems.
- Implement and evaluate algorithms and methods enabling autonomy in a mobile robot.
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas.
Job Status: Part Time