Manager of Online Faculty
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Manager of Online Faculty has responsibility for student learning experience and student learning outcomes through the teaching experiences provided by the online undergraduate and graduate faculty. The manager ensures the development of all faculty, full time, half time and adjunct and is responsible for ensuring the depth of faculty resources and proactively guides the recruitment of faculty to fill these needs in collaboration with the Organizational Development team. The manager routinely works collaboratively with the Dean of Faculty and all members of UAT’s leadership, faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
- Ensure that delivered courses are at all times in compliance with laws and rules related to the awarding of academic credit
- Ensure that UAT Faculty are consistently in compliance with UAT’s regulatory requirements (HLC, AZ State Board, Department of Education)
- Ensure students’ course completion rate exceeds 80% for online and graduate programs
- Ensure 100% of online and graduate faculty receive class observations and development plans revised each term
- Ensure online and graduate faculty routinely attend and receive ongoing training, briefings and peer interactions
- Ensure UAT has sufficient SME depth in all faculty knowledge areas to deliver all UAT courses
- Ensure synchronic learning is fully applied in all courses
- Ensure student work is graded against published rubrics, include meaningful feedback
Who You Are:
- Advanced degree required
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re not afraid of a little competition
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical Insurance plans available with a 100% employer-paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts plans available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-paid Long Term AND Short Term Disability plans
- Employer-paid AD&D option
- Employer-paid Life Insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% Employee Tuition Scholarship and options for Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos Program, Casual Fridays, Employee Wellness Activities, Positive Work Environment,
- Employee Training and Development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $50,000 to $65,000/year
Job Status: Full Time