Human Computer Interaction Professor (Full-time, Part-Time, or Adjunct)
Are you passionate about HCI? We are looking for a human-computer interaction instructor who is up to date on industry standards and passionate about educating today’s bright minds.
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Our Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) professor will be responsible for effectively instructing undergraduate students on how to analyze, evaluate and create human-computer interaction technologies using IoT and UX infused hardware, software, mobile, and more. Candidates will collaborate with department peers to design, review and maintain the general HCI curriculum. Human-Computer Interaction professors develop courses that reflect the current best practices within the technology industry and instruct their classes using engaging methodologies that focus on mentoring students through coursework, projects and competitions. Learn more about the degree program at https://www.uat.edu/human-computer-interaction-degree.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to computer science
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Articulate and apply concepts during the creation of human computer interactions that incorporate effective and aesthetic design concepts appropriately.
- Evaluate the impact of new and emerging technology trends on human computer interactions and the user experience.
- Able to teach students how to be capable of evaluating a proposed HCI technology in terms of its application, platform and purpose. Translate this evaluation into an effective user experience and informed human-computer interaction design.
- Analyze human factors such as cognition, use patterns and demographics and apply this analysis to the development of effective human computer interactions.
- Evaluate HCI design options in terms of their cost to produce and against perceived benefit by the user.
- Instruct students on creating prototypes and producing innovative interfaces or interactions for at least two of the following: web, PC, mobile, handheld or next generation platforms, including all production materials required in a complete pipeline using industry-standard tools, software and production processes.
- Able to produce innovative interfaces and interactions for web, PC, mobile, handheld, or next generation platforms using industry standard tools, software, and production processes.
- Master's degree in HCI or related field with 18 credit hours in HCI required, doctoral preferred.
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: UAT is limited to considering candidates for the adjunct role from the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, and Washington
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $2800/per class.
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $60k-$100k dependent on Education and Experience.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time