Human Computer Interaction Professor (full-time, part-time, adjunct)
Are you passionate about HCI? We are looking for a human-computer interaction instructor who is up to date on industry standards and passionate about educating today’s bright minds.
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Our Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) professor will be responsible for effectively instructing undergraduate students on how to analyze, evaluate and create human-computer interaction technologies using IoT and UX infused hardware, software, mobile, and more. Candidates will collaborate with department peers to design, review and maintain the general HCI curriculum. Human-Computer Interaction professors develop courses that reflect the current best practices within the technology industry and instruct their classes using engaging methodologies that focus on mentoring students through coursework, projects and competitions. Learn more about the degree program at https://www.uat.edu/human-computer-interaction-degree.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to HCI
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
Skills and Education Requirements:
- Experience creating effective interfaces and interactions that are appropriate and match user expectations for a variety of application categories (game, professional, consumer, etc.)
- Comfortable designing and prototyping interfaces and interactions across a variety of devices including IoT, mobile, computers and/or wearables
- Able to implement sound design, audio cues, haptic and tactile cues to create effective user experiences
- Up-to-date and knowledgeable on new and emerging technology trends on human-computer interactions and the user experience.
- Highly knowledgeable on human factors that contribute to the development of effective human computer interactions
- User experience design and testing best practices
- Solid understanding of fundamental design concepts and practices associated with the design of human-computer interactions
- Master's degree in User Interface Design or relevant field with 18 credit hours in user interface design required
- This is not a remote position. Candidates must be willing to teach in-person at the Tempe campus
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $2800/per class.
Part-Time Pay: $30,000-$55,000 annually depending on education and experience
Full-Time Pay plus benefits: $60,000-$110,000 annually depending on education and experience
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time