Game Programming Professor - full-time, part-time, or adjunct
If you love game programming and have a passion for education, UAT is the place for you!
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Who You Are:
Have you ever wanted to teach others about game programming? We are searching for an addition to our astounding team of faculty. You must be an expert in various programming languages and development techniques associated with game applications. An exemplary UAT instructor can relate their knowledge and experience in using both object oriented and scripting languages, while guiding our students through industry standard game engines such as Unreal and Unity.
The instructor should be a wizard of many wands and be a master in PC, iOS, console and Android platforms. The instructor needs to be able to present on the theoretical aspects of game programming that include topics such as: game AI, collisions, input device integration, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, object transformations, database integration and optimization. The individual that joins the UAT family must be able to relate to our technophile, high performing, all-things-geek students, best practices associated with application development processes, such as agile models, along with documentation. We need a game-changing (pun intended) professor that will inspire our students and arm them with the skills they’ll need to stay ahead of the game design industry.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of innovative student game projects
- Mentoring geeky technology driven students
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to game programming
- Development of course materials related to college level game programming courses
Skills and Education Required:
- Industry experience developing computer game applications
- Skills in developing applications using both object oriented and script based tools
- Experience with application development approaches
- Game application documentation
- Development experience in PC, console and mobile platforms
- Experience working within game engines such as Unity, Unreal, etc.
- Experience applying computer game concepts such as rendering, transformations, lighting, collisions, AI, UI and gameplay
- Experience with database integration into game applications
- Master's degree in Game Programming or related field with 18 credit hours in game programming required
- 3+ years viable work/industry experience and academic credentials
UAT's Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: This is not a remote position; candidates must be willing to work in-person on our campus in Tempe, AZ.
Adjunct Pay: $3,000 for in-person course
Part-Time Pay: $42,500 - $55,000 dependent on Education and Experience
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $85k-$110k dependent on Education and Experience.
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Salary is determined by the University's salary Matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time