Financial Aid Compliance Director
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite, intimate, private college in Tempe, Arizona, focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate for our future in disciplines such as Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Are you a technophile who loves the values of the traditional academy, but want the modern technology campus? Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is looking for a Financial Aid Compliance Director to ensure that we maintain the highest standards of Financial Aid compliance. The Director will provide training to the Financial Aid Team to ensure compliance with federal, state, legal, fiscal and statutory regulations and university policies. Additionally, they will provide overall strategic leadership in establishing the philosophy and implementation of financial aid procedures and programs in partnership with other University offices.
- Routinely review documents and conduct quality checks while verifying compliance and regulatory mandates are met.
- Participate on committees, in groups, and professional organizations both internally and externally in order to stary ahead of any regulatory or compliance changes affecting the University.
- Maintain appropriate records and documents for compliance audits so that no findings occur and the compliance audit is passed with flying colors.
- Monitors and ensures quality control for all data so that all website and catalog data is updated within the laws and regulations governing FA.
- Monitors and ensures quality control for all reporting requirements to the National School Clearinghouse and provides reporting to the NSLDS.
- Master’s degree preferred: a combination of a Bachelor's degree and specialized education or experience may be considered
- You have 5 years of experience in Financial Aid compliance, preferably with a private university.
- You have experience running a Compliance Audit from preparation to completion.
- You have experience with VA and SAA.
- You have thorough knowledge of Federal Title IV student financial aid programs and regulations
- You have experience working in COD and NSLDS.
- You’re the definition of a team player. You're friendly and genuine.
- You show excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- You’re skilled, resourceful, and a fearless problem-solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration internally and cross-departmentally
- You maintain trustworthiness, confidentiality, and are discreet
- You take ownership and go the extra mile to get the job done
- You consistently execute deadlines while navigating through a fast-paced environment
- This is not a remote position; candidates must be willing and able to work in-person at the Tempe campus
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9am-6pm
Salary and Benefits: $65,000-$90,000 annually (depending on experience)
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
UAT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that the selection decision be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $65,000 to $90,000/year
final salary will be based on compensation matrix that takes into account education and experience
Job Status: Full Time