Financial Aid Advisor
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Are you a technophile who loves the values of the traditional academy, but want the modern technology campus? Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is looking for a Financial Aid Advisor that is driven to help our students finance their education seamlessly. The Financial Aid Advisor will be responsible for reaching out to our brilliant students and assisting them through the FAFSA process, discussing other financing options, completing document verification, packaging students, and ensuring students have a financial plan in place for payment of institutional charges. Our students are incredible and our Financial Aid Advisors are there to ensure students can achieve their dreams to start their journey of higher education.
- Coordinate financial consultations with prospective students
- Create financial estimates and assist students with year-round financial planning
- Provide both prospective and current students with alternate funding options
- Assisting students by finding creative resources to help fund their education.
- Working hand-in-hand with the student to meet the needs is important as financial aid planning is not a one-size-fits-all.
- Educate prospective and current students regarding regulations, policies, procedures, and requirements for select financing options including federal financial aid
- Provide proactive, accurate, and comprehensive know-how to students while focusing on delivering a top-notch student experience
- Manage various student accounts to ensure timely and accurate communication
- Bachelor's degree required
- You have experience with the entire financial aid process including but not limited to FAFSA, assisting with all required financial aid documents, verification, packaging, entrance and exit counseling, etc.
- You have experience working in a high-volume financial aid department while being responsible for your own cohort of students
- You’re smart, innovative, and see your ideas through to the finish line
- You’re the definition of a team player. You're friendly and genuine.
- You show excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- You’re skilled, resourceful, and a fearless problem-solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration internally and cross-departmentally
- You maintain trustworthiness, confidentiality, and are discreet
- You take ownership and go the extra mile to get the job done
- You consistently execute deadlines while navigating through a fast-paced environment
$40,000-$48,000 / annually (depending on experience)
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
UAT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $40,000 to $48,000/year
Job Status: Full Time