Financial Aid Advisor
The University of Advancing Technology is looking for a Financial Aid Advisor that is driven to help our students finance their education seamlessly. The Financial Aid Advisor will be responsible for reaching out to our brilliant students and assisting them through the FAFSA process, discussing other financing options, completing document verification, packaging students, ensuring students have a financial plan in place for payment of institutional charges.
Our students are incredible and our Financial Aid Advisors are there to ensure students can achieve their dreams to start their journey of higher education.
- Coordinate financial consultations with prospective students.
- Create financial estimates and assist students with year-round financial planning.
- Provide both prospective and current students with alternate funding options.
- Assisting students by finding creative resources to help fund their education. Working hand-in-hand with the student to meet the needs is important as financial aid planning is not a one-size-fits-all.
- Educate prospective and current students regarding regulations, policies, procedures, and requirements for select financing options including federal financial aid.
- Provide proactive, accurate, and comprehensive know-how to students while focusing on delivering a top-notch student experience.
- Manage various student accounts to ensure timely and accurate communication.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree
- You have experience with the whole financial aid process including but not limited to: FAFSA, assisting with all required financial aid documents, verification, packaging, entrance and exit counseling, etc.
- You have experience working in a high-volume financial aid department, while be responsible for your own cohort of students.
- You’re smart, innovative, and see your ideas through to the finish line.
- You’re the definition of a team player. You're friendly and genuine.
- You show excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- You’re skilled, resourceful, and a fearless problem-solver.
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration internally and cross-departmentally.
- You maintain trustworthiness, confidentiality, and are discreet.
- You take ownership and go the extra mile to get the job done.
- You consistently execute deadlines while navigating through a fast-paced environment.
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Two Medical Insurance plans available with a 100% employer paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts plans available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer paid Long Term AND Short Term Disability plans
- Employer paid AD&D option
- Employer paid Life Insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% Employee Tuition Scholarship and options for Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos Program, Casual Fridays, Employee Wellness Activities, Positive Work Environment,
- Employee Training and Development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $40,000 to $48,000/year
Salary is determined by the University's salary Matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time