Digital Video Professor
Are you passionate about bringing images to life?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Digital Video degree prepares students to become creative technologists who work behind the scenes to bring images to life. The University of Advancing Technology is looking for an industry professional to take on the role of developing and delivering digital video and special effects courses that ensure UAT students achieve their desired learning outcomes, complete their programs, and have an exceptional SyncFlex learning experience. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated excellence in visual effects experience and a commitment to building an active and guided scholarly environment.
- Experienced with producing complete, industry-standard projects.
- Experience using industry-standard editing tools and techniques to create complete works.
- Experience generating high-quality mixed audio and integrating it into complete digital film, agency, web, and/or interactive media productions.
- Experience with various roles in field production; editing, color correction, color grading, etc.
- Experience generating high-quality mixed audio and successfully integrating it into various media.
- Experienced with professional clients and business interactions that translate to completed media projects.
- Experience assembling composite shots using industry-standard tools and techniques as well as future trend editing tools to create completed work.
- Experience composing visuals that exhibit professional quality in camerawork, composition, effects, and lighting techniques.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of innovative student Digital Video VFX projects
- Mentoring geeky technology-driven students
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to Digital Video.
- Development of course materials related to college-level digital video VFX courses.
- Master's degree in relevant field; Doctoral Preferred
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentoring education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: This is not a remote position; candidates must be willing to work in-person at the campus in Tempe, AZ
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $60k-$90k dependent on Education and Experience.
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $60,000 to $90,000/year
Salary is determined by the University's salary Matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time