Digital Video Professor (Adjunct, Part-Time, and Full-Time)
Are you passionate about bringing images to life?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Digital Video degree prepares students to become creative technologists who work behind the scenes to bring images to life. The University of Advancing Technology is looking for an industry professional to take on the role of developing and delivering digital video and special effects courses that ensure UAT students achieve their desired learning outcomes, complete their programs, and have an exceptional SyncFlex learning experience. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated excellence in visual effects experience and a commitment to building an active and guided scholarly environment.
- Experienced with producing complete, industry-standard projects.
- Experience using industry-standard editing tools and techniques to create complete works.
- Experience generating high-quality mixed audio and integrating it into complete digital film, agency, web, and/or interactive media productions.
- Experience with various roles in field production; editing, color correction, color grading, etc.
- Experience generating high-quality mixed audio and successfully integrating it into various media.
- Experienced with professional clients and business interactions that translate to completed media projects.
- Experience assembling composite shots using industry-standard tools and techniques as well as future trend editing tools to create completed work.
- Experience composing visuals that exhibit professional quality in camerawork, composition, effects, and lighting techniques.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of innovative student Digital Video VFX projects
- Mentoring geeky technology-driven students
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to Digital Video.
- Development of course materials related to college-level digital video VFX courses.
- Master's degree in relevant field; Doctoral Preferred
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- UAT is limited to considering adjunct candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, Oregon, and Washington
- Candidates residing in Arizona must be willing to teach in person at the Tempe campus
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentoring education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $60k-$100k dependent on Education and Experience.
Part-Time Pay: $30,000-$50,000 dependent on Education and Experience (not benefits eligible).
Adjunct Pay: $2,800 for in-person courses/$2,200-1,400 On-line courses.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time