Digital Maker Lab Program Support Specialist
Do you have a passion for fabrication?
The University of Advancing Technology is currently recruiting for a on-campus classroom assistant to facilitate lab courses for our Digital Maker and Fabrication degree. We are looking for someone friendly and passionate about mentoring.
Assist our Digital Maker students with their creative pursuits through supporting coursework, facilitating the UAT maker lab, and assisting with project prototypes in the lab.
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite, intimate, private college in Tempe, Arizona, focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate for our future in disciplines such as Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game, and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
- Coursework Support: Assist students with their coursework related to digital maker and fabrication courses. Offer guidance on 3D design and modeling using software such as Fusion 360 and Tinkercad. Also, should be able to perform grading for DBM coursework and cover up classes for the instructor on a need basis.
- Lab Facilitation: Facilitate MakerLab sessions, guiding students through various fabrication processes and techniques. Provide hands-on assistance with project prototypes, ensuring a thorough understanding of additive, subtractive, and forming manufacturing techniques.
- Machine Maintenance: Demonstrate expertise in working with FFF (Filament) and SLA (Resin) 3D printers. Conduct regular maintenance on 3D printers to ensure optimal functionality. Maintain a weekly and Monthly preventative maintenance (PM) program. Knowledge of PDM (Predictive Maintenance) is a plus.
- Inspiration and Mentorship: Inspire, motivate, and mentor students in both their coursework and passion projects. Foster a collaborative and innovative learning environment within the MakerLab.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or a relevant field required
- Experience as a teaching assistant, tutor, or in a similar role. Familiarity with teaching undergraduate students about additive, subtractive, and forming manufacturing techniques including industry techniques such as best manufacturing practices and Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in working with FFF (Filament) and SLA (Resin) 3D printers as well as CNC milling machines.
- Ability to guide students in 3D design and modeling using Fusion 360 and Tinkercad. Familiarity with slicer software such as Ultimaker Cura, Prusa Slicer, PreForm, and Chitubox.
Salary and Benefits: $18/hour
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, and over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get three meals a day at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Flexible Work Schedule: Telecommuting options based on tenure.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: from $18/hour
Job Status: Full Time