Cyber Security Professor
The University of Advancing Technology is currently recruiting for a Cyber Professor who is passionate about cyber security and inspiring graduate students to contribute to this vital field. Individuals successfully filling this position will be able to relate their cyber security knowledge and experiences with regard to the following core areas of focus.
- Understanding an organization’s security strategy through the design, appraisal, and management of an organization's global security strategies and systems to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations, and protect organizational assets.
- Development, coordination, and management of all information security-related policies, practices and processes, including information technology, physical security, regulations, initiatives, and standards consistent with a global business strategic plan and corporate business requirements.
- Implementation of technology and processes to effectively capture evidence and perform cyber forensic analysis in support of organizational needs.
- Ability to consider business strategies and potential attackers (hacker) approaches, manage safeguards for organizational assets, systems, and facilities including information security audits, business continuity, incident response and the investigation of security breaches in accordance with regulations and legal matters.
- Research and deployment of technology solutions and security management techniques to safeguard an organization’s intellectual and physical assets while assuring that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Project the integration of future trends and technologies into cybersecurity frameworks.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students
- Facilitate relevant student projects and innovations
- Development and delivery of coursework that reflect current, emerging and future technologies and practices in the Cyber Security Industry
- Be an active member of the cyber security community and encourage student participation
- Mentor and lead students in ethical hacking and good digital citizenship
- Doctorate Degree
- One or more degree in the cyber security field
- Industry experience and certifications related to Cyber Security
- Deep familiarity of network and security protocols
- Knowledge and experience regarding historical and current trends in exploits and their countermeasures
- 3+ years hands-on experience with Cyber Security Technologies that can be used to enhance the learning experience
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Who we are:
University of Advancing Technology is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time