Cyber Security Professor
Do you have a passion for sharing Cyber Security knowledge? Do you enjoy digging into the technology to understand how technology truly works and how cyber security can be used to protect organizations and how to fit all the pieces together to make a good security program?
The University of Advancing Technology is currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Professor who is passionate about cyber security and inspiring undergraduate college students to contribute to this vital field. Individuals successfully filling this position will be able to relate their network security knowledge and experiences with regard to industry leading information security practices/procedures, the design of secure networks, shell scripting and programming techniques associated with securing and preventing exploitation of the network infrastructure, social engineering, network security monitoring, system penetration and remediation, incident response, cyber defense and countermeasures and performing security assessments.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students
- Facilitate relevant student projects and innovations
- Development and delivery of coursework that reflect current, emerging and future technologies and practices in the Cyber Security Industry
- Be an active member of the cyber security community and encourage student participation
- Mentor and lead students in ethical hacking and good digital citizenship
Skills / Requirements
- Industry experience and certifications related to Cyber Security
- Skills in designing, administering and monitoring secure networks
- Experience with incident response and countermeasures
- Experience in shell scripting and programming for both Cyber defense
- Hands-on technical experience related to penetration testing and vulnerability discovery/resolution
- Deep familiarity of network and security protocols
- Knowledge and experience regarding historical and current trends in exploits and their countermeasures
- Hands-on experience with Cyber Security Technologies that can be used to enhance the learning experience
Masters Degree Required
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution
- Government, military or law enforcement background preferred
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred
- U.S. citizenship or legal permanent resident status is required
University of Advancing Technology
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft and Verizon)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time