Cyber Security Professor - Part-Time or Adjunct
Do you have a passion for sharing Cyber Security knowledge? Do you enjoy digging into the technology to understand how technology truly works and how cyber security can be used to protect organizations and how to fit all the pieces together to make a good security program?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Professor who is passionate about cyber security and inspiring undergraduate college students to contribute to this vital field. Individuals successfully filling this position will be able to relate their network security knowledge and experiences with regard to industry leading information security practices/procedures, the design of secure networks, shell scripting and programming techniques associated with securing and preventing exploitation of the network infrastructure, social engineering, network security monitoring, system penetration and remediation, incident response, cyber defense and countermeasures and performing security assessments. We are an NSA Certified Academic Excellence Institution.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students in the dynamic field of Cyber Security;
- Facilitate relevant student-led projects and innovations in Cyber Security, providing guidance and support;
- Develop and deliver contemporary coursework incorporating current and future trends in Cyber Security, with a focus on Lunix, Unix, and Secure Software Development;
- Actively engage in the cyber security community, fostering student involvement in professional activities;
- And lead students in ethical hacking and promote good digital citizenship.
- Profound understanding of global security strategies and systems, particularly within Linux and Unix environments, to mitigate risks and protect assets.
- Experience in developing, coordinating, and managing information security-related policies and practices.
- Expertise in implementing technology and processes for cyber forensic analysis.
- Proven ability in managing safeguards for assets and systems, including conducting security audits, planning for business continuity, responding to incidents, and investigating security breaches.
- Advanced knowledge in the integration of future trends and technologies into cybersecurity frameworks, with emphasis on Secure Software Development.
- Hands-on experience in penetration testing and vulnerability resolution, especially within Linux and Unix systems.
- In-depth familiarity with network and security protocols.
- Comprehensive understanding of historical and current cyber threats and their countermeasures.
- Relevant industry experience and certifications in Cyber Security.
- Master's degree in Cyber Security or relevant field required;
- Doctoral degree required for graduate-level courses;
- Relevant industry certifications (CISSP, CEH, etc.) are highly desirable;
- Demonstrated experience with Linux, Unix, and Secure Software Development;
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience;
- This is not a remote position; candidates must be willing and able to work in-person at the Tempe campus location
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $3,000/per class.
Part-Time Pay: $42,500-$55,000 annually depending on education and experience
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time