Cyber Security Professor (Full-time, Part-Time, or Adjunct)
Do you have a passion for sharing Cyber Security knowledge?
Do you enjoy digging into the technology to understand how technology truly works and how cyber security can be used to protect organizations and how to fit all the pieces together to make a good security program?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Professor (either adjunct or full-time) who is passionate about cyber security and inspiring undergraduate college students to contribute to this vital field. Individuals successfully filling this position will be able to relate their network security knowledge and experiences with regard to industry leading information security practices/procedures, the design of secure networks, shell scripting and programming techniques associated with securing and preventing exploitation of the network infrastructure, social engineering, network security monitoring, system penetration and remediation, incident response, cyber defense and countermeasures and performing security assessments.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor students
- Facilitate relevant student projects and innovations
- Development and delivery of coursework that reflect current, emerging and future technologies and practices in the Cyber Security Industry
- Be an active member of the cyber security community and encourage student participation
- Mentor and lead students in ethical hacking and good digital citizenship
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Industry experience and certifications related to Cyber Security
- Skills in designing, administering and monitoring secure networks
- Experience with incident response and countermeasures
- Experience in shell scripting and programming for both Cyber defense
- Hands-on technical experience related to penetration testing and vulnerability discovery/resolution
- Deep familiarity of network and security protocols
- Knowledge and experience regarding historical and current trends in exploits and their countermeasures
- Hands-on experience with Cyber Security Technologies that can be used to enhance the learning experience
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution
- Government, military or law enforcement background preferred
- Membership in a professional association tied to area of instruction preferred
- Master's degree in Cyber Security or relevant field with 18 credit hours in Cyber Security required; doctoral degree preferred
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: UAT is limited to considering candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Texas, and Washington
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $2800/per class.
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $60k-$100k dependent on Education and Experience.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time