Curriculum Development Specialist
University of Advancing Technology is looking for a Curriculum Development Specialist who is primarily responsible for improving the quality and preparedness of UAT course resources. The Curriculum Development Specialist will facilitate course curriculum changes and ensure that courses are fully prepared to meet UAT student expectations as they begin their coursework. They will support faculty throughout the course development and pre-term course readiness processes and will focus on helping faculty resolve any curriculum items of concern identified during continuous improvement or quality assurance activities. In addition, they will be responsible for record-keeping and reporting for the course development process. The result of their work is that UAT courses are more effective in supporting students, students succeed and progress at higher rates and are more satisfied with their learning experience.
The ideal candidate will leverage a broad range of skills with a strong emphasis in interpersonal, grammar and editing skills, be a proven self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team. They will be someone who is detail-driven, has high customer service orientation and can partner with others to get the job done.
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
- Provides direction and support to Subject Matter Experts and faculty in developing and writing course content
- Aligns course topics, objectives, discussions, lectures and assignments with program designs and discipline-specific standards
- Ensure all curriculum is formatted correctly and meets quality standard
- Acts as quality assurance ensuring that courses are developed with tangible assets, goals, and curriculum unique to UAT, while measuring student success rate per course
- Project management across multiple teams to ensure courses are developed and organized prior to instruction
- Record keeps, reports in task management systems, and communicates course development deadlines daily
Skills / Requirements
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a Master of Communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 1-2 years curriculum development experience
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Employer paid medical benefits
- Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with employer match
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five free meals weekly
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft and Verizon)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $35,000 to $45,000/year
Job Status: Full Time