Computer Science Professor (Adjunct/Part-Time)
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT's Computer Science Professors are responsible for effectively instructing undergraduate students on how to create, test and document software applications, algorithms and data structures. Candidates will collaborate with department peers to design, review and maintain the general computer science curriculum.
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to computer science
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
* Looking for a combination of these of these skills, not all are required
- Object oriented programming
- Data structures including but not limited to stacks, queues, linked lists, hash tables, and graphs
- Current production experience in the development of web and desktop applications
- Operating systems, memory management, I/O, file systems, how O/s work
- Preferred experience working with Machine Learning and Big Data
- Database development and integration
- Mobile application development (iOS, Android)
- Project development models (Waterfall, Agile)
- Project documentation practices
- Software testing
- Algorithm development
- Advanced programming topics (graphics, AI, compiler, parallel programming)
- Web development
Educational and Location Requirements:
- Masters or doctoral degree in relevant field required
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- UAT is limited to considering candidates for this role from the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New Hampshire, and California
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time