Business Development Specialist
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
Perimeter83 is a one-of-a-kind corporate training and technology startup coworking space nestled on the UAT campus in Tempe, Arizona.
The Perimeter83 Business Development Specialist connects and coordinates Perimeter83 and UAT’s offerings to organizations and individuals who seek advancing technology. Perimeter83’s products are technology-focused and include industry services contracts offered by the institution, coworking, certificate and specialized business to business training, short-term rental of UAT’s spaces and supporting services. Development activities further include identification and development work that links Perimeter83 and UAT to technology grant opportunities.
The Perimeter83 Business Development Specialist is a visible representative of UAT who engages with local technology and startup communities, and who speaks and writes about technology and workforce trends. As such, the Business Development Specialist will be someone with technology knowledge as a tool for business success and the future of workforce development. The Business Development Specialist will always communicate and present themselves in a manner that is consistent with UAT’s brand.
There is an operational and client experience dimension to the Perimeter83 Business Development Specialist’s role. This person will be responsible for scoping and quoting projects, rentals and services and then ensuring that Perimeter83 and UAT provide results and experiences that meet industry client expectations. To this purpose, the Perimeter83 Business Development Specialist will serve as a liaison to clients and be active in fulfilling expectations.
- Sell Perimeter83 products (certificate programs, customized B2B technology training, technology coworking spaces, short-term space rentals, and technology professional services
- CRM management by cultivating potential clients and progressing them through the Perimeter83 deal funnel
- Provide technology trend consultation that improves client business success
- Promote Perimeter83 through social media channels
- Cultivate contacts and future clients by being a presence at local technology and technology startup events.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree required
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re not afraid of a little competition
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical Insurance plans available with a 100% employer-paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts plans available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-paid Long Term AND Short Term Disability plans
- Employer-paid AD&D option
- Employer-paid Life Insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% Employee Tuition Scholarship and options for Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos Program, Casual Fridays, Employee Wellness Activities, Positive Work Environment,
- Employee Training and Development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $50,000 to $65,000/year
Salary is determined by the University's salary Matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time