Building Maintenance Technician
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the execution of all daily tasks and special projects.
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, salaried position, reporting to the Chief of Staff.
- Monitor’s maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facility, as assigned.
- Completes work orders in queue based on urgency or order in which they are received. Urgent/emergency requests may require after-hours or on-call style response.
- Keeps management informed as to the needs and/or changes required to keep the facility operating in a safe and well-maintained condition to assure maximum operational effectiveness.
- Maintains maintenance components, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints.
- Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgement in the performance of all duties.
- Meet with vendors/contractors to discuss project and ensure scope is communicated.
- Report any lack of skill or ability of team to complete a project/task to manager, so an alternative can be discussed.
- Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with maintenance equipment.
- Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- A High School Diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Background Check
- A current Arizona Driver’s License
$33,000 - $35,000
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical Insurance plans available with a 100% employer-paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts plans available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer-paid Long Term AND Short Term Disability plans
- Employer-paid AD&D option
- Employer-paid Life Insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% Employee Tuition Scholarship and options for Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos Program, Casual Fridays, Employee Wellness Activities, Positive Work Environment,
- Employee Training and Development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visas. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $33,000 to $35,000/year
Job Status: Full Time