Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
The Assistant Registrar is responsible for ensuring all processes related to the Acceptance Office are reliable and functioning efficiently. This includes, but is not limited to, the receipt, documentation, evaluation and processing of applications and transcripts, and academic scholarships. On a daily basis this person is reviewing and processing applications and notifying scholarship winners. On a weekly and monthly basis this person is reporting on applications processed, scholarships awarded, and official documents on file related to acceptance. This person coordinates acceptance-related issues and information with the entire division and provides support to the Registrar and assists in enforcing academic and administrative policies and procedures while maintaining student academic records. The Assistant Registrar executes responsibilities within the boundaries of University policy and has the authority to release student record information within FERPA guidelines.
This position is a great opportunity for an Assistant Registrar to provide assistance to our students, staff and faculty. The Ideal candidate will leverage a broad range of skills with a strong emphasis in interpersonal skills, accuracy, attention to details and be a proven self-starter. The Assistant Registrar will be able to work independently but value team cooperation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all transcripts - both evaluating transfer credit transcripts and processing UAT transcripts for current students or alumni.
- Ensure merit scholarships are awarded accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates the Admissions Processes and Procedures by establishing how things are tracked and done, manage quality control, make suggestions, and lead changes as needed to ensure quality control and efficiency
- Accurate and timely processing of student enrollment records to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies and University policies
- Manages Tuition Assistance (TA) website, course descriptions, and catalog to ensure overall accuracy and updated
- Seamlessly works between various systems such as CampusVue and HubSpot to maintain student records
Who You Are:
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You’re extremely detail-driven
- You're data-focused with high organizational skills
- You’re not afraid to learn and master new skills and responsibilities
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- Bachelors Degree required
$35,000 - $40,000/annually (depending on experience)
Summary of Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Two Medical Insurance plans available with a 100% employer paid option
- Two dental plans, one vision plan, and Flexible Spending Accounts plans available
- 401k with employer match
- Employer paid Long Term AND Short Term Disability plans
- Employer paid AD&D option
- Employer paid Life Insurance option with additional supplemental life insurance plan available
- PTO policy that increases with tenure: vacation days and personal days accrue each month
- Over 15 paid holiday days off
- 100% Employee Tuition Scholarship and options for Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café with five (5) free meals per week
- University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, etc.)
- Kudos Program, Casual Fridays, Employee Wellness Activities, Positive Work Environment,
- Employee Training and Development
- We have an adopted campus "catscot" named Maxwell who loves pets on your lunch break (Check him out on Instagram: @uatmaxwell)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $35,000 to $40,000/year
Salary is determined by the University's salary Matrix which is based on experience, education and skills.
Job Status: Full Time