Art Adjunct Professor
The Adjunct Professor is primarily responsible for teaching university courses and providing quality learning opportunities to assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations on a semester basis.
- Teach beginning drawing to ensure students are equipped with a strong understanding of tonal and dimensional perspective.
- Prepare students to produce a professional quality portfolio.
Teach undergraduate Art courses that focus on the following areas:
- Traditional compositional theory, drawing principles, fundamentals of observing and describing form, use of color in drawing
- Use of lighting, texture, and spatial interpretation; development of a portfolio and sketchbook
- Function of traditional design principles incorporating color perception and color psychology; digital and traditional methods in design, color issues, media manipulation, and designing for an international and diverse audience.
Equipment Used: Classes are held in Art Studio with easels and art kits provided for students.
Skills / Requirements
Education Level Required:
- Master's degree in a field related to the classes to be taught.
- Experience in instruction or formalized education process, preferably in a post-secondary or college institution.
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time