The Admissions Counselor is a key contact for prospective students when they are making their decisions on which college is right for them, as well as walking them through the university application process. They will work directly with adult-learners who have already graduated from high school who are pursing either undergraduate or graduate degrees.
- Passionate about helping people find their goals and motivations?
- Someone that believes furthering education will positively influence a person’s life?
- Great at building relationships and rapport, listening, and helping others?
- The type of person who enjoys working in a team atmosphere, but also holds accountability for your own accomplishments and goals?
- Someone that can assess a person in order to determine their interests and qualifications to support enrollment objectives?
- Recruits adult-learner students for enrollment in all UAT programs including undergraduate and graduate studies
- Successfully meets and exceeds admissions goals
- Communicated heavily with students over the phone, video chat, text, and email
- Builds relationships with students over the phone and acts as an advisor to walk them through the application process
- Acquires and follows up on prospective student referrals from applicants and other sources
- Meets with with prospective students and their families to answer questions and overcome possible objections
- Educates students on program offerings, campus life, and all that UAT has to offer
- Ensures students meet admissions requirements and qualify for their program of study
- Assess student needs and advise them on programs that would help meet their overall goals
- Tuesday - Saturday schedule
- $37,000 to $45,000/year depending on experience
- Bachelors Degree is required
- You’re fast, fun, smart, and friendly
- You’re motivated and quitting is not in your vocabulary
- You’re innovative, resourceful, and a fearless problem solver - you can come to solutions by thinking outside of the box
- You’re a master of communication and collaboration
- You’re on a mission to surpass customer expectations
- You’re passionate about helping people achieve their goals
Who we are...
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded in a true living learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft and Verizon)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
UAT COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Policy
UAT has a policy requiring all employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 and submit bi-weekly COVID-19 PCR test results or, if not fully vaccinated, submit weekly COVID-19 PCR test results.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Pay: $37,000 to $45,000/year
Depending on experience
Job Status: Full Time