ACS/Data Science Professor
Do you want to share your passion for Computer Science, Mobile Development, Cloud Computing, and Data Science with students who are excited to learn?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is seeking an exciting computer science professor who can engage student in applying their knowledge of computer science, mobile development, cloud computing, and/or data science to advancing technology projects. UAT's ACS professors are responsible for effectively instructing undergraduate students on how to create, test and document software applications, algorithms and data structures. Candidates will collaborate with department peers to design, review and maintain the general computer science curriculum.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to computer science
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
Skills Requirements:* Looking for a combination of these of these skills, not all are required
- Object oriented programming
- Data structures including but not limited to stacks, queues, linked lists, hash tables, and graphs
- Current production experience in the development of web and desktop applications
- Operating systems, memory management, I/O, file systems, how O/s work
- Preferred experience working with Machine Learning and Big Data
- Database development and integration
- Mobile application development (iOS, Android)
- Project development models (Waterfall, Agile)
- Project documentation practices
- Software testing
- Algorithm development
- Advanced programming topics (graphics, AI, compiler, parallel programming)
- Web development
- Master's degree in computer science or relevant field with 18 credit hours in computer science; doctoral degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: This is not a remote position. Candidates must be willing to work in-person at the Tempe campus location.
Full-Time Salary + Benefits: $85k-$110k dependent on Education and Experience.
- Two Medical insurance options with 100% of the team member premium paid for one.
- UAT has your BACK, by covering 100% of the monthly premium for Short-Term and Long-Term coverage.
- Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, and AD&D Options
- Over 15 Paid Holidays - we work hard, but give you that extra time to play hard as well!
- Competitive Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs; we take pride in your educational background and look forward to supporting your families’ academic goals and endeavors.
- Meal Benefit at University Café. HANGRY? Never heard of here. Come get your lunch at the café, on us, YUM!
- University Store Discount amongst other Discount Programs.
- Positive, open, and transparent Work Environment and culture that includes Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities, Bring your Pet to Campus, along with Summer and Winter Happiness Events.
- Employee Training and Development: Essential Skills Modules are scheduled on the job, allowing for learning, working, and implementation.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Full Time