ACS/Data Science Adjunct Professor
Do you want to share your passion for Computer Science, Mobile Development, Cloud Computing, and Data Science with students who are excited to learn?
Who We Are:
University of Advancing Technology (UAT) is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Living on campus, students are surrounded by a true living-learning technology environment that incubates their ideas into innovations that students can patent and take to market. Students must create an innovation project to graduate.
We are an entrepreneurial, results-oriented company recognized for delivering high standards of innovation and service. As an organization designed to change the lives of some of the brightest young minds, we rely on the excellence of every member of our family to continuously exceed our own standards and our students’ expectations.
UAT is seeking an exciting Data Science professor who can engage students in applying their knowledge of data science, machine learning and AI, and statistical analysis to advancing technology projects. UAT's Data Science professors are responsible for effectively instructing undergraduate students on how to analyze, manage, design, and implement large data sets, using various tools and methods for interacting with and visualizing data in ways that create new understandings and value. Candidates will collaborate with department peers to design, review and maintain the general data science curriculum.
Don't have teaching experience - that's where we come in. UAT's team of faculty and staff will work with you as you:
- Facilitation of students
- Student feedback and mentorship
- Development and delivery of collegiate learning experiences related to data science
- Development of course materials
- Engagement with the development community
Skills Requirements:* Looking for a combination of these of these skills, not all are required
- Able to assess, structure, manage and implement large data sets derived from real-time sources
- Experience compiling data from multiple sources, including data selection, data scrubbing and feature engineering
- Experience applying statistical tests and tools appropriately to analyze data sets drawn from different types of sources
- Able to create visualizations of large data sets in ways that clarify understanding of their meaning and implications
- Comfortable designing and implementing big data, artificial intelligence, and statistical and visual analysis solutions
- Able to analyze data to make inferences and projections that provide people and organizations with understanding, guidance and options
- Master's degree in computer science or relevant field with 18 credit hours in computer science; doctoral degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
University of Advancing Technology’s Synchronic Learning model is designed especially for students of advancing technology. Tailored to both undergraduate and graduate students, Synchronic Learning provides an education framework that prepares superior graduates to become tomorrow’s innovators. This model embodies UAT’s methodologies, curricula, and people dedicated to fostering an environment of innovation that promotes demonstrated mastery and job readiness. An integral part of this framework is SyncFlex, a flexible learning approach with an emphasis on mentored education that provides real project experience to cultivate superior graduates.
Location Requirements: This is not a remote position. Candidates must be willing to work in-person at Tempe campus location.
Adjunct Pay for In-Person Class: up to $3,000/per in-person class.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.
Job Status: Part Time