This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The University of Advancing Technology is looking for a New Student Advisor. The role of the New Student Advisor will be to maximize the number of intelligent, passionate, and tech minded students that attend the University. The Advisor will also act as the events manager of UAT Admission’s events such as the Discovery Expo. The employee in this role will be a critical member of the Admissions team. They will be responsible for supporting all On Campus enrolled students through a high volume of communication, interaction and follow-up. This includes communication via telephone, email, letters, live chat, events, and walk-ins. UAT is seeking individuals who want a career in education with the the opportunity to work with brilliant and passionate students and staff.
- On a daily basis reaching out to the enrolled student population via phone or email
- Providing direction and support necessary to enable students to comfortably prepare for their first semester of class
- Coordinate with Residence Life and Financial Aid to support students’ questions regarding processes and paperwork
- Execute Admissions events and other duties as assigned by the admissions team
- Enforce highly ethical standards
- Create a culture of positive thinking and personal growth for the students
- Willingness to assist with other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Ability to overcome objections
- Proven customer service skills, phone experience preferred
- Capability to oversee students for an extended period of time
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be a proven self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team
University of Advancing Technology
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, Verizon, Lifetime Fitness)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.