This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Student Finance Advisor
We are currently searching for a customer service oriented Student Finance Advisor (SFA) that focuses on providing an optimal student experience relating to students financing their education. The SFA will be responsible for reaching out to students to collect payments and ensure students have a financial plan in place for payment of institutional charges. The SFA will also work closely with the Financial Aid Department to provide seamless financial planning and payment execution during student’s time at the University. The ideal candidate must be personable & direct, have excellent communication skills, higher than normal ability to multitask, and the ability to drive financial results.
- Collection of payments to drive financial results
- Direct in-person, email and phone communication with students and/or parents concerning student ledger balances
- Management of multiple student status lists to ensure proper communication timing
- Posting billings and receipts on student ledger accounts
- Processing and mailing monthly statements
- Coverage for Bursar job duties during the Bursar’s absence including processing of stipend checks, deposits, and cash reconciliations
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to drive results
- Takes ownership and goes the extra mile to get the job done
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Professional appearance with a strong work ethic and mature demeanor; must be reliable in attendance and punctuality
- Extra considerations provided for applicants with a private school background
- Proven customer service skills, is resourceful and demonstrates initiative with an established bias for action in a team environment
- Proven project management skills, meets deadlines, and demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
University of Advancing Technology
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, AT&T, Lifetime Fitness)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.