This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Sr. Financial Aid Technician (Technician) provides supervision and management to the Office of Student Financial Aid to ensure compliance with federal and state legal, fiscal and statutory regulations and university policies as well as meet the needs of the students and the administration for UAT. The Technician is responsible for providing overall strategic leadership in establishing the philosophy and implementation of financial aid procedures and programs in partnership with other University offices.
The Technician provides leadership to ensure the highest quality of customer service, dissemination of accurate and timely information and financial aid related services to students, parents, the community and staff via the Office of Student Financial Aid, outreach activities, electronic, written and oral communication. Plans and organizes departments and college-wide administrators to ensure fair, equitable, honest and compliant administration of Federal and Institutional student aid programs.
- Train financial aid staff and other departments’ staff on financial aid policies, procedures, regulations, and counseling techniques
- Review, analyze, and report on regulatory changes that affect financial aid operations
- Manage institutional default prevention program
- Complete monthly enrollment reporting through Student Clearinghouse
- Conduct internal audits and other monitoring procedures; prepare for and coordinate external annual audits
- Write departmental policies and procedures and serve on institutional policy committee
- Help manage institutional recruitment efforts by conducting presentations with students and families at UAT open houses and new student orientations, and by designing communication materials and strategies on financial aid eligibility at UAT
- Regularly review accounts receivables for active students with UAT Accounting department
- Act as primary liaison between UAT and U.S. Department of Education
Skills / Requirements
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of college students that come from diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic and racial backgrounds
- Develop positive rapport with assigned financial aid personnel to develop a sense of teamwork
- Interpret, apply, and enforce federal, state, and institutional policies, procedures, and regulations
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate assigned personnel including student workers
- Work independently on complex financial aid issues and processes
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Operate computer hardware, computer software, and other appropriate office equipment
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Cultivates positive relationships with UAT students and ensures the highest level of customer service
- Ability to analyze processes, improve procedures, and generate innovative solutions
- Experience managing Title IV program
- Reconciliation Compliance
- Cash management
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Summary of Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, AT&T, Lifetime Fitness)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.