This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Sr. Career Services Advisor provides career guidance for students and graduates regarding resume writing, interviewing skills, professionalism, industry expectations, internships and employment. This individual will be responsible for contacting industry employers, both locally and nationally, for job opportunities, internship opportunities and career fair attendance.
The Sr. Career Services Advisor has the opportunity to help UAT students harness their geeky uniqueness, passion for technology and commitment for innovation to gain career readiness skills and industry marketability. Through your efforts and determination, students will get the help they need to pursue competitive internships and get the jobs that made all that homework worth it.
- Daily communication with students in your area of responsibility
- 1:1 and Group Advising Sessions with students and alumni
- Host Career Services Workshops for students and alumni
- Help execute UAT events such as Career Fair and Networking Events
- Ensure that students complete the internship requirement
- Post job and internships opportunities on web and social media
- Regular communication with industry and employer connections
- Maintain and grow the UAT industry and employer network
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Campus Vue experience preferred
- Demonstrates a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be a proven self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
University of Advancing Technology
UAT is an elite intimate private college in Tempe, AZ focused on educating students in advancing technology who desire to innovate in the areas of emerging technology disciplines including Advancing Computer Science, Information Security, Game and New Media technologies.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability Options
- Vacation, Personal Time, Over 15 paid holidays
- Employee and Dependent Scholarship Programs
- Meal Benefit at University Café, University Store Discount, Other Discount Programs (Microsoft, AT&T, Lifetime Fitness)
- Positive Work Environment, Kudos Program, Casual Fridays and Select Work Weeks, Employee Wellness Activities
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Employee Training and Development
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. UAT does not sponsor foreign visa's. Thank you for your understanding.